This house was built in 1937, as a small farm. There were 3 brothers who built the house. They lived on traditional farming with a focus on sheeps and fishing
In the basement, the brothers build a cowshed. The cow they milked every day had to go down the stairs and swing into the cowshed. To day, the cowshed is changed to the smallest bedroom.
In 1972, a fishing family bought the house from the brothers’ heirs. These heirs run Dimmuborgir Guesthouse to day.
In 1972, Bjøssi Sør and Hilla moved from Husavik to Geiteyjarstrønd, and thus Bjøssi left his profession as a seaman and started as a factory worker.
Bjössi and Hilla are concerned with nature conservation and planting of trees. They laid a lot of work in the garden around the house, and it was one of the most beautiful gardens in the area when they lived in the house.
The house is today owned by a family business, Mývó ehf, that leases the house to guests and offers photo tours and trips in the area around Myvatn
We hope that the guests enjoy the fine atmosphere in the house and treat the house and all the little things that are in the house and the garden with care.
If you need to get in touch with Mývó, just call
+354 780 4202,
or send an email to
GPS (65.598862, -16.931913) .
[Bruk av huset](https://stinnifoto.no/wordpress/use-of-the-house)